Penne Macaroni Bechamel
Everybody loves a good béchamel macaroni dish. Enjoy this recipe with Emirates Macaroni Penne pasta, minced beef, and mozzarella cheese.
400 gm Emirates Macaroni Penne pasta
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
300 gm minced beef
1 litre béchamel sauce
1 litre milk
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Cook Emirates Macaroni Penne pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
2. Drain pasta from water and then transfer it to a large bowl. Set it aside.
3. Heat the oil in a medium skillet and sauté onions for 2 minutes.
4. Add the minced meat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until it becomes brown.
5. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the milk and béchamel sauce. Stir until boiling.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
8. In a large bowl, mix two thirds of the béchamel sauce with the cooked pasta. Toss to coat well.
9. Arrange half of the pasta mixture over the bottom of an oven dish.
10. Spread the meat mixture over the pasta mixture in the oven dish evenly.
11. Top the meat mixture with the rest of pasta mixture.
12. Ladle the rest of the béchamel sauce over the pasta.
13. Top with the grated mozzarella cheese.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the top becomes golden. Cut and serve.