Chicken Penne Rigate Tricolore
Red sauce pasta prepared with chicken tenders, garlic and onion pasta sauce, and the colourful Pastarina Penne Rigate Tricolore pasta.
500 gm Pastarina Penne Rigate Tricolore pasta
750 gm chicken tenders, cut into small pieces
750 gm garlic and onion pasta sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp ground rosemary
½ tsp ground oregano
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp dried parsley
½ tbsp dried basil
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook Pastarina Penne Rigate Tricolore pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
2. Drain pasta from water and then transfer it to a large bowl. Set it aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
4. Sauté the onion for two minutes.
5. Add the chopped green pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
6. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden from all sides.
7. Reduce the heat and add the pasta sauce.
8. Season with the spices and stir the mixture to coat completely.
9. Cook on low heat stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce starts to boil.
10. Add the chicken sauce to the pasta bowl. Mix well to combine.
11. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese. Serve.